DoTs vs DoTs
Short and Sweet: I have both a Shadow Priest and an Affliction Warlock.
Upon closer inspection, both classes are very similar in terms of rotational abilities:
- One main Nuke (Mind Flay/Shadow Bolt)
- One cooldown-based Nuke that you’ll want to keep on cooldown (Mind Blast/Haunt)
- One DoT with a cast time (Vampiric Touch/Unstable Affliction)
- One instant cast DoT that is refreshed by your main nuke (Shadow Word:Pain/Corruption)
- One instant cast DoT without interaction with other spells (Devouring Plague/Curse of Agony)
My question is… if the two are so similar why is playing the Shadow Priest so much more fun than the Affliction Warlock?!